For me it is my family and friends who get me through the rough times and celebrate with me during the good. I am thankful for my children and their health.
I feel for those who have children with health issues especially Evelia Perez.
Evelia is the owner and operator of Unique BOWtique. She is a talented seamstress and very crafty lady who works from her home so she can take care of her children during the day, especially her son Sebastion who is 2.5 years old born @ 28 weeks GA and only 2 pounds and 13 inches. When he was 2 weeks old his femure fractured and the doctor said he had Osteogenesis Imperfecta AKA brittle bone. It has been very hard on the family since then. He stayed in the NICU for 5 months with no hope he was going to survive. Up to date he has had 16 fractures and 2 major surgeries to place rods inside his femurs and tibias. Sebastian has Medicaid but not everything is covered. The rest of the family is with out any medical care because they can not pay for it. Evelia is a seamstress and does that to make a living. she started making bows to make extra money to cover Sebastian's medical needs and just found out that if his tendons do not improve in the next 5 week he is going to need to be in casting for two months. The cast will need to be change every week and it will be very hard for a 2 1/2 year old to have a cast for such a long time and for the family since they will need to drive to Shriners weekly for 2 months and it is not close so travel costs alone will be a burden. Sebastion is also in need of a wheelchair!
With the help of The Blushing Violet, Mommy Do it All, Tazzle Dazzles, Gammianne's Attic, Violet's Bud, and a lot of other wonderful people we are doing our best to help this family this holiday season!
There are FIVE ways to help!!!
- We are having an auction! Go to The Free Life and check out our Shopping for Sebastion Album and place a bid!!
- Enter our Raffle!! Great prizes from Violet's Bud, Tazzle Dazzle, Mommy Do It All, The Blushing Violet, and more! In order to be entered in the raffle all you have to do is make a donation here
- Shopping for Sebastion Thirty-One party! Go over here and do some some shopping for yourself or cross some people off your holiday shopping list! Proceeds from this party go straight to the family!!
- Shop Unique BOWtique this holiday season! Give this great woman your business!!
- Finally a direct donation in any amount can help as well! You can donate directly to her paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your help! You will be blessed as you bless others :)